Sunday, July 3, 2011

Week Four

AKA Research Paper Week! Aaaaaah!


Not really, but the 10 page research paper was pretty intense for all the resources I went through, stuff I decided to use, edits I made, and MLA citations that gave me some trouble.

However, since I chose to write over same-sex marriage, it had so much personal meaning to me to get these opinions and ideas across that it was all worth it to be able to see my ideas in print making them significant. I won't lie, the paper did drum up so emotions in me while reading the opponent's viewpoints (and I did cry once), but it was definitely a rewarding experience that I can use in the future for Rachel and I when we finally get married.

In addition to research paper, we had to keep up with discussions. There was a discussion forum this week about Gay Marriage, and it really was nice to see my classmates' opinions as I was writing my paper. The majority of them were in favor of same-sex marriage, and that helped me to see that what I was writing was not for nothing.

We also talked about writers and books this week which is one of my FAVORITE topics! So many good recommendations of things to read. I already checked out The Reader to read next week now that this class is over with.

My interior design class is still rolling though, and I am about to work on my color board due Tuesday. Having a few rubber cement issues, but as a first time user of the product, I feel pretty good about it and mistakes are expected.

Anyway. I better get going.

It's been an awesome class with such lively discussion. I'll miss reading everyone's views and interests.

Ciao, darlings!
Lauren Vandever

No comments:

Post a Comment